Hanchett’s newest model-
Challenger offers superior knife-grinding performance and versatility at a very economical price.
Straight knife edges and efficient cutting are the result of Challenger’s vertical-spindle, traveling-head design. The speed of the carriage is infinitely adjustable, permitting grinding of various styles of knives to your requirements. Stock can be rapidly removed, leaving a fine, precise finish. With the variable rate downfeed and rapid traverse features, fast easy loading of knives is sure to please you. The downfeed and traverse features will also operate in the manual mode by flipping the switch on the control panel.
The Challenger is built with very few wear parts, for virtually maintenance-free performance. In fact, you’ll never need to lubricate or repack bearings. The result is increased productivity, with reduced downtime.
Challenger’s low price and minimum initial investment made this knife grinder perfect for sawmills and grinding shops.
- Available in 60″, 84″ and 122″ capacities.
- 7 1/2-HP, ball-bearing head motor with 10″ diameter cylinder wheel performs efficiently at lower horsepower.
- Built-in, adjustable wheel dresser is accurate, easily accessible, and safe.
- 8″ x 4″, 360-degree swiveling knife bar.
- Precision bevel indicator readily indicates the proper cutting angle.
- Illuminated electronic controls system for all phases of the grinding operation.
- Recirculating flood coolant system keeps knives cool, prevents burning, hardening, and edge irregularities.
- Variable stroke adjustment.
- Variable speed carriage – 5 to 50 FPM
- Automatic timer with finished cycle light.
- Worm and gear knife bar turning mechanism
- 5 HP motor with 14″ RA Segmental Chuck in lieu of 7.5 HP motor
- 15 HP motor with 10″ wheel plate in lieu of 7.5 HP motor
- Hollow spindle motor assembly for coolant flow
- Magnetic knife bar
- Acme knife bar for narrow or thin knives
- Stacking arrangements for chipper knives
- Stacking arrangements for planer knives