This hardworking sharpener has all the design features of the Model 410 plus beefed-up capacity to handle larger saws. The 414 will accept 6″ to 14″ saws. This sharpener is well suited for large sawmill complexes, as well as shops that service larger saws.
Four types of operation are available: double-cut, silver-tooth, straight back, and grinding right- and left-hand saws.
Other features include:
- Three-point rocker head with wide contact areas, for added stability, and reduced friction and wear.
- Direct cam action for feed and lift
- Cams and holder fitted as one unit for quick changes without changing cam timing.
- Large diameter wheel spindle with adjustable double spherical bearings for smooth, accurate grinding.
- Cams are easily accessible for change in 10-15 minutes, compared to one half hour on competitive machines.
- Reduced linkage and wear parts throughout for greater precision and longer life.
- Carbide-tipped deflector feed finger moves around, rather than over saw teeth for longer tooth life.
- Variable speed drive to grinding wheel increases versatility.
- Convenient hand wheels adjust face and gullet grind.
- Air-operated unit to efficiently raise or lower the head to the saw. This safety feature eliminates reaching over the saw for adjustments.
- Feed movement on hardened and ground shaft, with double-sealed recirculating ball races for longer life.
- Adjustable lift movement for increasing or decreasing gullet depth over a limited range.
- Outside saw clamp fitted with spring pressure to provide more uniform clamping.
- Rugged, tool-steel face plate on grinder can be regrounded as required, and is fitted with adjusting screws to maintain alignment. Carbide face plates are an option.
- Lower saw support can be adjusted to align the saw to the face plate.
Each machine comes complete with back feed, pot brackets, motors, starters, and a Metcalf dresser. Automatic post brackets and saw supports for the silver-tooth and double-cut models are available options.