SK-24 Circular Knife Grinder
The SK-24 Circular Knife Grinder is the accepted standard for the paper industry and has enjoyed increasing popularity in the rubber, tobacco and food processing industries as well. The reason is that the SK-24 grinds slitter knives with extreme accuracy and an excellent surface finish. Top and bottom bevels can be ground to a micro-inch finish on a variety of slitter knife types, with diameters from 3″ to 24″.
The SK-24 features a work spindle that can be easily adjusted to different bevel angles for the exact desired angle of grind, from 0 to 90 degrees. The grinder is fully automatic with a DC drive for work-spindle rotation and an oscillating device on the grinding wheel slide for consistent grind across the surface of the bevel.
- 1 1/2 HP precision-grinding head spindle with 6″ diameter grinding wheel.
- Automatic variable rate downfeed and automatic crossfeed.
- Power oscillation of grinding wheel for consistency across the surface of the bevel.
- Variable-speed work spindle allows increased operator versatility,
- Diamond-nib wheel dresser for precise wheel truing.
- Recirculating flood coolant system keeps knives cool, prevents burning, hardening, and edge irregularities.
- MFS-1 electronic downfeed with digital read-out
- Micro-fine coolant filtering system
- 1-karat octahedron diamond for wheel dresser offers unsurpassed hardness for precise truing.
- Precision fixtures for secure holding of knives.
- 3 HP motor with 12″ grinding wheel (Hy-Power only).